Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Summary of O'Reilly's Interiew With Obama

First of all, there's no doubt and can be no question, this was Barack Obama's toughest interview. Bill was direct, but very fair, but he also didn't let Obama wander off, like a typical politician would, had they been in a softball interview.

I actually feel a little better about Obama (believe it or not), after watching those 4 segments with O'Reilly. Don't get me wrong, I'm behind McCain 110%, but I feel at least that should Obama win the election, he won't be nearly as far-left as I had previously thought. Obama's left-wing supporters and the batty left-wing loony bloggers are as crazy as they come, but I think they are in for a very rude awakening, if they think this guy is going to be the ultra-liberal they think he'll be.

Now, Obama obviously has a very liberal voting record, but I agree with O'Reilly that he'd be more of the Bill Clinton type of "practical politician", basically reacting to the direction of the country, what his advisers tell him, etc... Should the economy continue to slip under an Obama Presidency, it'd be hard for me to think he'd raise taxes as much as he's planning. It would simply cripple us, and I have to give the Senator the benefit of the doubt, even if it's just due to him immediately easing on several of his positions, in a 30-minute interview with O'Reilly.

I think should Obama be elected, he'll move even more to the center, than he has during the Democratic Primary and this current campaign. Should he win the election and move further left, you'll see this country divided like it hasn't been, since 1861!

Of course, I still think it's quite urgent for our country to elect McCain and Palin, as there's no question, during a crisis situation, I'd rather have someone with the experience and resolve as John McCain, as opposed to the inexperience and lack of qualifications, such as Barack Obama.

Hopefully, if we survived 4 years under Jimmy Carter (arguably our WORST President ever), we could survive 4 years with Barack Obama. Then again, with Iran on the brink of a Nuclear Weapon, and with Russia beginning to flex it's muscles, the next 4 years could be critical.

Fasten your seat belts, because this has been an historical campaign and there's only about 7 1/2 weeks left!

No comments: